What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant consists of a titanium root that is fitted into a socket that we create in your jaw to replace the loss of your natural tooth. A support tooth will be placed into the implant and a new crown is placed on top of it.
The process can take up to 3 months, as the area around where the titanium root is placed needs to heal first before your new tooth can be added. However, the results are well worth the wait.
Dental Implants are good for people who:
- Have lost a tooth or teeth due to injury
- Have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease
- Through natural wear and tear have lost a tooth or teeth
Dental Implants Can:
- Replace one or more teeth without affecting bordering teeth.
- Support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture.
- Provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
Dental Implants are incredibly natural looking and comfortable. They are secure so you can speak and eat with confidence. Dental Implants are an excellent option for tooth replacement.
What Are the Costs of Dental Implants?
Contact our dental office in Oxon Hill today for your free consultation and we’ll discuss your options regarding dental implants.