BS Biology 1983-1987, Boston College, Massachusetts
Doctor of Dental Surgery 1987-1991, Howard University College of Dentistry, Washington, DC
Harlem Hospital Center/Columbia University, New York:
- 1991-1992: Dental Intern
- 1992-1993: Chief Resident
- 1993-1994: Chief Resident
Harlem Hospital Center/Columbia University Awards/Certificate:
- Award for excellence in Removable Prosthodontics, 1993
- Award for excellence in Fixed Prosthodontics, 1993
- Award for excellence in Fixed Prosthodontics, 1994
- Chief Resident award for outstanding service,1994
- Columbia University school of Dental and Oral Surgery. Certificate of Achievement presented to Dr. Peter Merai “in recognition of participation in the Advanced Education in General Dentistry (A.E.G.D.) post Doctoral Education program”
Howard University College of Dentistry 1991 awards:
- Senior Student Oral Surgery Award
- Department of Periodontology award presented to Peter Merai who has been selected ‘as one of the three most outstanding senior students in Periodontology’
- Academy of General Dentistry Senior Student Award presented to Peter Merai who “in the opinion of the faculty of Dentistry, Howard University College of Dentistry, has shown the greatest interest, knowledge and proficiency in General Dentistry during the senior year”
Invisalign (Invisible braces) certification level One completed
Invisalign (Invisible braces) certification level Two completed
United States Dental Institute: Dr Peter Merai has completed 238 class hours of continuing education in a two year program of study of Orthodontics/Orthopedics, 1996-1998.
3I Implant Odyssey 2001:
- Sinus graft procedures
- Implant surgical workshop with cadavers
- Pursuing conclusive answers to clinical questions
Academy of General Dentistry July 16 2001:
Peter Merai, D.D.S. has completed the requirements for fellowship in the Academy of general Dentistry, as set forth by the Board of trustees and House of Delegates, and has demonstrated an exceptional interest in responsible patient care through dedicated participation in continuing dental education and lifelong learning and is thereby recognized as a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry.
Teaching assignments, Clinical instructor:
Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery 1993-1994.
Howard University College of Dentistry 1996-1997 and 2007-2008.
Dr. Peter Merai is near completion of a four year part time study leading to Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry.